Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday Greetings Challenge - Wet or Dry Embossing

Hello my crafty peeps,
~Happy Swedish Day~

It's yet another start of the week and this Monday here in Sweden is a Holiday. We are actually celebrating our National Day/Independence Day. I am a proud Swede so I am sharing this picture with you of our flag. It was not a holiday a few years ago, but now it is and it is so so welcomed I will tell you. Today the sun is shining from a clear blue sky and the temperature is around 60F so it's a bit chilly, but are loving the weather.


This weeks over at The Outlawz we have new challenges for everyday of the week.
Monday Greetings Challenge has a new challenge and the theme for this week is: Wet or Dry Embossing.

Our sponsor this week is the talented


ABOUT Andrea Norris, Owner of Sheep Ski Designs- Living in Leeds, Yorkshire in the UK, working full time as a Management Accountant and currently working on 4 design teams.  
"I'm a dancer (Argentine Tango and Ceroc) and a competitive badminton player.  It's amazing that I've managed to squeeze drawing into my schedule as well as being an obsessive crafter and creator of cards.  I have no actual style as yet but do love the unusual and quirky.  I may be known for producing cards in soft pastel colours.
I love anything arty.  I've always drawn stuff, for as long as I can remember.   In my younger days I sold a few watercolour paintings.  I recently found mixed media which is a joy and love creating canvases with flowers.
I've had a battle with digital drawing for about a year and finally found some software I can gel with in January 2016.  Recently one of the challenge teams I worked on was short of a designer's images to create with so I drew some.  Then people kept asking me for my drawings.  So I thought what the heck let's open a shop and give something back to the crafting world, to the lovely ladies who have supported me on my journey.
Welcome to my world, we're only at the beginning and I have so much more to offer."
Andrea


So here is my weeks take on the theme and the sponsor. I used dry embossing and used the image called: Fuzzy image no 9. It was a little challenge to color him so it would look like fur, but I am pretty satisfied on how it all turned out and how it looked with my dry embossing in the background.
I thought this little bear was such a cutie that I couldn't resist him and decided to have him in this challenge and color him up. I do like to challenge myself in becoming a better colorist. I will leave you with my take on this weeks challenge and I hope to see your cards in the challenge too.

Anyways, until next time ...........................craft on.

,

Colors I have used using Promarkers:
Flower: Lipstick Red, Red
Stem: Forest Green, Bright Green
Bear: Chestnut, Walnut, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Caramel



Upcoming challenges are:
June 13 - Summer Beach Party
June 20 - New Technique (USE A NEW TECHNIQUE TO YOU)
June 27 - Anything Goes

We are still looking for some GDT so if you are interested please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment